Please note: Due to the festive season, we anticipate interviews to commence week commencing 28th January 2019 onwards.
As the ERP / MI Analyst you will be an IT Professional with extensive experience of supporting ERP systems and leveraging the value of the data contained within through the delivery of the relevant Management Information (MI) reports in line with the organisation’s needs. A member of the Applications Team, you will report to the Applications Manager and be responsible for both the creation of and maintenance of existing Management Information (MI) reports. In addition, you will also provide escalated support in response to tickets received by our helpdesk.
What you’ll need to succeed
- You will have demonstrable ERP / MI Analyst experience with relevant technical background e.g. understanding of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and related applications
- You will have played a key role in the creation, delivery and maintenance of Management Information (MI) reports in other organisations leading the complete report writing lifecycle including elicitation of report requirements
- You will have previously provided 2nd / 3rd line support for ERP systems
How will you do this?
- You will have the ability to comfortably and articulately communicate with relevant stakeholders across the organisation
- You will elicit the requirements for relevant Management Information reports before translating these into relevant report specification documents to obtain the necessary sign off prior to their delivery
- You will take responsibilities for your tasks ensuring that you are diligently following through on them until they are satisfactorily addressed
- You will have a positive outlook and work ethic
- You will look to collaborate effectively with your team and others across the organisation
How you’ll show up
- The ability to learn quickly
- The ability to contribute to a team effort
- A logical approach to problem solving
- An ability to produce and evaluate report options to solve issues and deliver on spec against requirements
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills, with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
- Ability to work with non-technical users to deliver solutions
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to examine, understand and evaluate current reports and approaches
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Collaborate with other teams and where relevant
- Ability to educate or train users on report usage
What you’re great at
- Demonstrable experience of: -
- ERP and business systems, preferably NAV 2013 or later
- Managing the complete report writing lifecycle
- Management Information report writing tools preferably Jet Professional / Enterprise
Please note this role can be based in either Dundee or a combination of remote and office-based.