At Insights we have ambitious growth plans and at the same time we are seeking to create a consistent sales and delivery experience for our customers across the globe. In this leadership role your primary focus will be to lead the regional direct sales business across the US and Canada to ensure that Insights is recognised as a people development partner of choice.
As part of the North America sales Leadership team you will actively support the deployment of Global Sales Strategy across North America, and fully embed our new working practices as a Global Organisation. You will be accountable for sales, revenue, gross margin and delivery metrics for North America, the execution of the Insights Global Sales Model, customer happiness and sales team engagement.
What you’ll do to succeed
Deploy the appropriate Sales Channel mix within your territory
- Agree, communicate and deploy a clear sales channel strategy for North America
- Achieve agreed revenue and territory gross profit targets within your chosen customers.
- Working cross-functionally, achieve and monitor key business metrics in areas such as:
- Sales process and best practice
- Customer Happiness
- Account penetration
- Delivery excellence utilisation
- Select financial and people measures
- Lead and coach high performing sales teams within North America and be recognised as a people development partner by our clients
- Liaise with Marketing to build brand equity, awareness and create business development opportunities
- Drive front-end improvements as part of the customer happiness/customer voice programme in partnership with operational colleagues
- Build and develop our talent pipeline for sales roles within North America, providing opportunities for growth and development across the team
- Joint accountability for the budgeting process for your territory aligned to the global strategy
- Deploy proper sales operational processes and reporting
- Forge strong partnerships across the Insights network and take a proactive approach to sharing and promoting best practice
Strategy and Integration
- Working in partnership with colleagues in the Sales & Finance Leadership team to partner in the deployment of the Global Sales Strategy:
- Deploy the Global Sales Process in your territory promoting best practise CRM and advising the Operating Model on business requirements for our supply and demand chain- Deploy the Global Sales Model and act as a champion and advocate to ensure the successful set up of the 5 global sales channels as appropriate within North America:
- In partnership with the ELT, serve as the senior leader in the territory for all country sales, strategy deployment and business intelligence.
- Partner with business partners in Finance and Human Resources to align best practice processes for the territory that are globally consistent and aligned with the Insights Global Business
- Enterprise Clients
- Global Clients
- Regional Accounts
- Inside Sales Channel
How you’ll do this
- Cultivate a culture of high performance focused on delivering a legendary customer experience
- Demonstrate a capability of leading and developing high performing cross functional teams in the global learning and development sector
- Knowledge of the Global/European learning & development marketplace and experience of L&D and/or consulting related industries
- Inspirational leadership of self and others in a global matrix environment
- Inspired by our purpose and values and brand
- Bring a global mind set and drive for consistent customer experience across the Insights sales and delivery process
- Role-model a collaborative approach to achieving results through the effective leadership of internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate a capability to contribute and drive the execution of strategy and ability to engage executive and senior leaders across different business units and functions.
- A credible, confident, caring and engaging demeanour
What you’re great at
- Strong sales background and track record of delivering results & commercial judgement
- Leadership role model: global mind-set, matrix management, collaboration and servant leadership
- Demonstrable experience and capability in implementing global strategy from a local level.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, operational management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Collaborating and partnering with stakeholders in other countries/ regions and functions, representing voice of customers and commercial judgement
- Self-aware and committed to personal development & development of others
- Rigorous critical thinking and ensuring empowerment and accountability is in place
- Well-developed numeracy and literacy skills
- Execution and delivery against stretching strategic and financial objectives
- Driving a consistent global customer experience through an effective sales operations model