Working within a talented team of technology experts, a Software Developer will play a significant role in the delivery of high quality applications for our customers. Technology innovation in the Learning and Development industry is paramount, and through innovative solutions we aim to create a differentiator for our business that provides a legendary experience for our customers on every part of their journey with us.
As a Software Developer at Insights you will support the evolution of the Insights API layer, which underpins our customer facing software technology stack, as well as our primary client facing web application.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment using a mixture of Agile and Waterfall methods. You will leverage and promote our software frameworks, components and design patterns to deliver robust and scalable solutions.
What you’ll do to succeed (responsibilities)
- Design, code and support robust and scalable software solutions
- Ensure quality of solutions by assisting in peer reviews and writing automated unit tests.
- Delivering code on time and to specification
- Clearly articulate your progress against the current project plan
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation for solutions and contribute to the development knowledge base
- Perform third-line application support
- Be highly productive whilst balancing the need for quality and agility
- Work collaboratively with the team
- Understand our business and our customers
How you’ll show up (behaviours)
- You will take responsibility for your tasks ensuring that you are diligently following through on them until they are satisfactorily addressed
- You’ll have a positive outlook and work ethic
- You will look to collaborate with you team and others in the business
- Problem solving will be high on your list of things to do and you will be tenacious in your drive to deliver on this
- You will be passionate about technology always looking for the next piece that will allow development of our solutions to be better
- You will have a desire to deliver solutions that please users
What you’re great at (competencies)
- You will have had experience of developing a Microsoft Web API
- You will have experience of working with the Microsoft stack of development technologies including Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, and TFS or VSTS (Azure DevOps)
- Delivering robust and scalable software evidenced through the implementation of successful solutions
Please note this role is based in Dundee