Your purpose in the role
We are looking for an approachable, engaging, supportive and confident People Operations Advisor to join the wider Reward and People Operations Team. You will work closely with the Reward and People Operations Partner, and wider team, to support the overall People Function and the wider business delivering operational excellence and excellent customer service.
The overall objective is to provide generalist support across the business through reporting, administration, data maintenance, payroll coordination, reward & benefit, employee lifecycle coordination.
Applicants must be able to spend at least two days per week in our Austin office, and be comfortable working autonomously as the wider Reward & People Operations Team are based in the UK.
What you’ll do to succeed
You will play a key role within the People Operations Team in supporting our employees and processes across our Americas markets together in support of our Strategic Plan. There will be an expectation that you will provide day to day operational and transactional support across the People Function where necessary. There will be an ongoing requirement in line with your skills set for you to be actively involved in ‘continuous improvement projects’ relating to People Processes, Systems, Policy & Practice and the quality assurance of People data.
How will you do this?
- Management of the people team mailbox by providing advice & guidance to employees in North America on all Reward and People related queries.
- Support with a range of administration tasks in relation to employee life cycle (i.e Internal role changes, absence, new start and leaver process, etc)
- Work in collaboration with the wider People Function to support routine tasks ensuring you maintain the accuracy and integrity of our HRIS data to enable increased reporting capabilities.
- Perform data cleansing and regular audits where necessary of both HRIS and electronic employee & contractor files in North America.
- Support the administration process of North America reward activities (i.e Annual Salary Review, Incentives, Bonus, Coding and Benchmarking of roles, Annual Benefits Renewals / Reviews, etc.)
- Support North America reporting requests with the ability to interpret data as required by the business to enable the People Function to enhance informed decision making.
- Contribute to and support key People projects as required (i.e HRIS implementation, North America Payroll Implementation)
- Manage and coordinate US payroll with support of the third-party payroll support
- Admin the US payroll system and maintain relationship with supplier, staying on top of system developments and items that affect the usage of the system.
- Responsible for year-end local payroll processes, such as coordination of W-2 and 1095-A forms for employees.
- Maintain updates in the payroll system to align with the global HRIS data, that include maintaining: role titles, dimension codes, salary details, reporting lines, and admin the US Employee Self-Service access for employees and managers
- Oversee US benefits plans and processes working with broker and Reward Lead on US benefits strategy, planning, implementation, and continual process
- Assist employees with benefits queries.
- Meet weekly with benefits brokers to proactively address any issues with benefit vendors, employee issues etc.
- Responsible for benefits reporting and monthly invoice and demographic file recognition.
Coordinate US Annual Open Enrolment event and assist in the planning and delivery of key communications throughout the process
- First point-of-contact with various suppliers for US payroll and benefits: insurance broker, benefits platform and insurance plan suppliers, payroll system supplier, payroll outsource, and the 3(38)401k fiduciary
- Ensures compliance and carry-out reporting for the following: ACA Reporting, EEO1, Healthcare and 401k Non-Discrimination Testing, 5500, Medicare Part D Notices
- Oversee US FMLA and leaves of absences processes, working directly with the employee to ensure that documentation is provided and expectations are set for their leave. Also ensuring that state mandated paid leaves are followed when needed. Partner with relevant People Business Partner about the leave details and the key dates
- Support recruitment by partnering with hiring manager when needed for US and Canada candidate interviews
- Process criminal background checks and ensuring that I9 Employment Verification and E verify is carried out when a new employee is hired
How you’ll show up
- Able to lean into authentic conversations readily
- A desire to be different and make a difference
- With a genuine love for our organisation and a passion for our people
- A confident and trusted advisor
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Trustworthy and with strong integrity
- With curiosity and a willingness to learn
What you’re great at
- The ability to multitask, operate and adapt within a fast paced, continuously changing and growing environment
- Effective communication skills
- Enabling the delivering a legendary people experience
- Being precise and demonstrating attention to detail
- Putting our people at the heart of what we do
- Being a thoughtful, collaborative and dynamic team player
- Thinking outside the box and making decisions with confidence and expertise
- Skilled and knowledgeable in HR best practices / processes