Who are Insights?
Insights are a global Learning and Development company with people and innovation at our heart.
Our purpose is to create a world where people truly understand themselves and others, and are inspired to make a positive difference in everything that they do.
We provide a range of amazing learning and development solutions used by some of the biggest and most influential organisations around the world.
What’s the role?
The Regional Director is our in country leader tasked to drive sales growth within the Netherlands as well as create a consistent and high-quality sales and delivery experience for our customers. In this leadership role, your primary focus will be to lead the commercial business to ensure that Insights is recognised as a people development partner of choice.
Our Netherlands business remains a key area for us. Our clients from both public and private sectors, have deep relationships with our team developed over many years. By building on our established business on the back of a very positive 2022 results this is the ideal time to help take Insights to the next stage of our growth plans as our Regional Director.
Your purpose in the role
The purpose of the role is to drive sales growth within the area of responsibility as well as to create a consistent high quality sales and delivery experience for our customers across the globe. In this leadership role your primary focus will be to lead the commercial business in the areas of responsibility to ensure that Insights is recognised as a people development partner of choice.
In addition, you will have local leadership and operational management responsibility for the employees and office within your area of responsibility ensuring that each individual has a connection to the Insights community within their home country/ office as well as on a global/ functional basis. As required, you will also have the role as key signatory for all geographic compliance and governance activity.
You will actively support the deployment of our Global Strategy across Europe within the matrix model, championing the success of the three global sales channels: Enterprise Channel,, Key Account Channel and Partner Channel. You will be accountable for sales, revenue, financial, and delivery metrics for the Netherlands, the execution of the Insights Global Strategy, customer happiness and sales team engagement.
What you’ll do to succeed
- Build, communicate and deploy a clear sales channel mix
- Achieve agreed revenue and territory gross profit targets within your regional clients.
- Working cross-functionally, achieve and monitor key business metrics in areas such as:
- Sales process and best practice
- Customer happiness
- Account penetration
- Delivery excellence
- Financial and people measures
- Lead and coach aligned, motivated and high performing sales teams within The Netherlands and be recognised as a people development partner by our clients
- Liaise with the Marketing team to build brand equity, awareness and create solutions business development opportunities that drives sales within your areas of responsibility
- Drive front-end improvements as part of the customer happiness/customer voice programme in partnership with operational colleagues
- Build and develop our talent pipeline within the countries of responsibility, providing opportunities for growth and development across the team
- Accountability for the budgeting process aligned to global strategy and relevant business plans and focus on deploying proper sales operational processes and reporting
- Forge strong partnerships across the Insights network and take a proactive approach to sharing best practice
How you’ll do this
- Cultivate a culture of high performance focused on delivering a legendary customer experience
- Demonstrate a capability of leading and developing high performing cross functional teams in the global learning and development sector
- Strong commercial acumen is key as well as proven negation skills.
- Lead with high energy, positive approach and drive for results.
- Knowledge of the local learning & development marketplace and experience of L&D and/or consulting related industries
- Inspirational leadership of self and others in a global matrix environment
- Inspired by our purpose and values and brand
- Bring a global mind set and drive for consistent customer experience across the Insights sales and delivery process
- Role-model a collaborative approach to achieving results through the effective leadership of internal stakeholders
- Demonstrate a capability to contribute and drive the execution of strategy and ability to engage executive and senior leaders across different business units and functions.
- A credible, confident, caring and engaging demeanour
Insights is a global business with English as our business language so fluency in both English and Dutch is essential for this position.
This role will be based in the Netherlands at our Haarlem office (hybrid working), with travel across Europe as required and currently reports to the Head of EMEA. You will join a team of fellow Regional Directors in key EMEA locations who will be key thought partners for you as you develop the business locally. Join us on our journey.