Insights are a global learning and development company working in partnership with leading organisations around the world. Our preference-based learning solutions have impacted millions of lives worldwide and our product portfolio helps our customers to positively transform their people, their teams and their whole organisations.
We are seeking a new Finance Manager to join the finance team in our Berlin or Zug office looking after the financial management of our Swiss operation. This is an opportunity to join a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial organisation. As Finance Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of financial control and reporting. The ability to work confidently in English is essential, as is hands-on knowledge of Swiss accounting principles.
The main aspects of the role are as follows:
- Management of financial ledgers and preparation of month end reports
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Payroll management
- Bank account management
- Fixed asset management
- Credit control
- Stock control
- VAT and corporation tax reporting
- Liaison with external accountants and auditors
- Statutory reporting
- Support for country manager and Group requests for information
- Assistance with HR and legal issues
How will you do this?
- As a key member of our Region Finance Management Team, you will partner with our clients, our suppliers, the Insights Switzerland Team and the Insights finance teams in the UK and Germany to provide an outstanding financial management service.
- You will be a great team-worker with the ability to work independently.
- You will have strong technical financial skills and an ability to work and adapt to different financial system requirements.
- You will proactively identify and realise process and system improvement opportunities to ensure the seamless delivery of our financial services.
How you’ll show up
- An expert in a broad range of financial management disciplines
- A positive collaborator and cross-functional worker who can develop key relationships
- A confident communicator
- You’ll have strong analytical skills, with drive, determination and a 'can do' attitude
- You’ll be self-motived and can organise own workload, complete multiple tasks on-time in a dynamic changing environment
- Ability to meet complex challenges under time constraints and when working under pressure
- Have ambition to develop your career and work on exciting projects which may have a multi-regional focus
Experience and Skills
- Extensive experience in a General Accounting position, including experience of Credit & Collections, Accounts Payable and Financial Reporting.
- You will hold a Degree or Professional Qualification in a related subject - Finance or Accountancy
- Ability to work autonomously on tasks and challenges
- Able to build relationships with external and internal customers
- Advanced excel spreadsheet skills
- Fluent in German
- Strong English speaker
- Ability to travel abroad occasionally
- Systems implementation experience would be an advantage