Insights are a global learning and development company working in partnership with leading organisations around the world. Our preference-based learning solutions have impacted millions of lives worldwide and our product portfolio helps our customers to positively transform their people, their teams, and their whole organisations. To ensure Insights’ future global growth is achieved in a uniform, aligned, sustainable and scalable way, we are embarking at an operational level to develop our processes, technology, and products.
To enable the Global Finance Team to enhance its support to the business and operate effectively, the role of Finance Manager – Consolidation and Functions requires a collaborative and highly skilled finance professional.
With responsibility for managing the month-end financial performance reporting process, this role will have a key partnering relationship with the Executive team, Sales and Functional leadership. Furthermore, this role will drive the planning, forecasting and budgetary cycle, ensuring minimal disruption to monthly business-as-usual reporting and related activities.
Additionally, this role is key in reviewing the current finance activities with a view to automating and improving processes, increasing efficiencies, and reducing processing time and errors.
• Co-ordinating our month-end close process with our Global Office entities and Insights Learning & Development UK, US, and Asia.
• Consolidation and analysis of our Group financial performance, including completing a monthly narrative for our Executive team and Holdings Board (quarterly).
• Manage the coordination of our budget process, including ownership for budget templates and prior year comparisons.
• Trusted adviser to the Executive team on key functional spend, including dashboard implementation and KPI analysis.
• Implementation of global rolling forecast process.
• Continuous improvement of variance / trend analysis, with associated corrective action planning.
• Drive non-Strategic Programme functional cost forecasting as an element of the monthly / quarterly / rolling group forecast process.
• Drive the reduction of all non-value-add activity.
• Document and formalise finance processes, controls, timetables, and responsibilities.
• Partner across the business to assist in the creation of the monthly management accounts.
• Recommending and driving change to optimise Insights Group financial performance.
• Contribute to Strategic Programme initiatives as required.
How will you do this
• Produce monthly / quarterly financial reporting that provides our Executive team and senior leadership with outstanding financial insight into our business opportunities, strengths, and weaknesses.
• Implement a financial planning process that creates operationally aligned financial plans that are universally supported across channels, regions, functions, and are signed off by our Executive team.
• You will have an excellent working knowledge of a range of financial processes with a clear vision and understanding of what best in class looks like.
• Build upon a robust, integrated forecasting process that provides an accurate, forward-looking view of our business performance, and proactively identifies and manages opportunities and issues.
• Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the business.
• Implement all aspects of our financial management with the highest level of information integrity, urgency and transparency.
• You will proactively identify and take the lead to realise process and system improvement opportunities to ensure the seamless delivery of our financial services.
How you’ll show up
• A positive collaborator and cross-functional worker who can develop key relationships.
• Possess and demonstrate an understanding of world-class finance and business processes and systems.
• Always business aligned by ensuring we are achieving strategic and operational objectives.
• You’ll have strong analytical skills, with drive, determination and a 'can do' attitude.
• You’ll be self-motived and can organise own workload, complete multiple tasks on-time in a dynamic changing environment.
• Inspired and excited by self-development.
• A driven and positive advocate for change and the continuous improvement agenda.
Experience and Skills
• A professional Accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ICAS or equivalent).
• A good track record of financial business partnering with executive teams and senior management.
• Advanced Excel modelling skills (complex formulas).
• Extensive Finance systems experience would be advantageous (ERP and reporting tools).
• Strong experience of working in a customer-focussed environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to achieve buy-in from various stakeholders and collaboration of other team members.
• The ability to consume / manipulate large amounts of information and articulate back to stakeholders in a clear manner
• Problem solving, questioning mind-set always thinking about continuous improvement.
• Organised and able to plan to ensure delivery within agreed timeframes.