Insights is a Learning and Development company with over 30 years experience of nurturing the skills of employees in businesses across the world. Our products aim to create a world where people truly understand themselves and others, and are inspired to make a positive difference in everything they do.
Insights seeks a strategic, creative and results-driven Head of Marketing. This role is responsible for contributing to organisational strategy, developing and delivering our global marketing plan and leading a team of marketing and communications professionals to deliver successful outcomes for Insights.
What you’ll do to succeed
Develop and execute our marketing strategy, aligning to our organisation strategy, product and sales objectives.
- Review our direct proposition and our global partner channel proposition.
- Develop and execute our brand strategy, ensuring our brand meets our purpose, keeps us different, is consistent across all channels and is not only recognised but is trusted as the leader in our field across the globe.
- Develop and execute a demand generation strategy, ensuring constant and measurable lead generation followed by a traceable and optimisable (including A / B testing) sales funnel. This should be automated end-to-end and all appropriate hand-offs agreed with sales.
- Develop and execute our PR strategy, ensuring it is complementary to our demand generation strategy as well as delivering brand awareness.
- Develop and execute a demand-led social media strategy, ensuring it is complementary to both our demand generation and PR strategy, as well as increasing our community and customer engagement.
- Manage the global marketing mix of campaign activities as part of an overall global marketing calendar (including local activities) where different activities are planned and executed to compliment and maximise return on investment.
- Consider, test and evaluate a wide range of innovative marketing activities within the marketing calendar, such as partnerships/alliances, podcasts, webinars, whitepapers, events and conferences.
- Ensure consistency across all marketing channels, including online and offline.
- Pre-define KPIs for all our strategies, campaigns and journeys to ensure our execution is prioritised accordingly and our strategies are met.
- Evolve the current team structure around our strategy and KPIs, ensuring clear roles and responsibilities as well as transparency across resources.
- Integrate our global marketing teams to create one global marketing function, ensuring we have global processes where required but flexibility for localisation where appropriate.
- Set and monitor marketing budgets, ensuring all marketing activity spend is tracked and monitored for benefits realisation.
Collaborate with other key functions to drive successful outcomes
- With Insights Research and Design team, to understand our market, competitors, customers (including personas / segments and needs) and deliver online and offline joined up experiences/journeys.
- With the Learning & Experience team (Insights Product function), to ensure our value proposition reflects the product roadmap and marketing activities are aligned to our current / new products and services.
- With our sales team, continually evolving our demand generation engine with them and providing them with content, materials and tools to better increase leads and sales as they strive to meet tactical and strategic goals such as revenue.
- Collaborate with our Technology teams to analyse (e.g. RFI/RFP) advertising and marketing technologies that will enable us to meet our strategies and KPIs more efficiently.
- Ensure marketing and communications are underpinned by online and offline static, contextual and behavioural data. This will ensure we offer truly personalised experiences at the right time, on the right platform and in the right context.
- Review, select and monitor third party media/other agencies we will utilise to meet our strategies and KPIs and establish principals for working with agencies to maximise efficient marketing spend across each marketing discipline.
Experience and Skills
- Either led a marketing department as Head of Marketing or are ready to step up into a Head of Marketing role.
- B2B marketing is essential, B2C also would be desirable.
- Experience in the Learning & Development market is preferable but not essential. Additional markets are desirable.
- Thought leader in Learning & Development would be desirable.
- Media agency experience would be desirable.
- Partner channel marketing experience is preferable.
- Direct and indirect marketing experience is essential.
- Online and offline marketing experience is essential.
- Brand passion and experience as continuing to drive community around our brand is essential.
- Demand generation experience and sales funnel optimisation is essential.
- Experience in a customer centric environment is essential.
How you’ll show up
- As a senior leader you will bring motivation, inspiration and a focus on the development and growth of your team.
- You are strategic.
- You’re bold and develop ambitious visions and strategies that translate need into value for the business and customer that grounded in evidence and get organisation and team buy-in.
- You can create a continually collaborative environment and sustain a good service. You solve issues and unblock problems, driving teams and setting the pace, to ensure teams are delivering. You can manage various dependencies across teams, departments and the organisation as a whole.
- You’re capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. You can understand technical complexity and risks, run collaborative design activities, influence others and build consensus to get team and organisational buy in.
- You love delivering tangible results which drive great commercial outcomes.
- Contribute to the work of the community, building successful teams through understanding team styles and influencing as well as motivating team members. You can give and receive constructive feedback, facilitating conflict resolution within teams, ensures the team is transparent and that the work is understood externally. You’re able to help teams maintain a focus on delivery while being aware of the importance of professional development.
- You’re aware of and understand agile methodology and how to apply an agile mindset to all aspects of work. You can work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and utilise an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- You’re unafraid to take risks, willing to learn from mistakes. You’re able to ensure the team has a situational awareness of what each other is working on and how this relates to practical organisation’s objectives and user needs.
- You will bring creativity, innovation, flare and drive focus on outcomes, not solutions. Knowing how to ensure the portfolio is magical for customers in terms of content, delivery method and look and feel.
- You’ll be a role model example of the philosophy that it is the power of collaboration, cross-functional working and great relationships that are the bedrock for success.
- You’ll balance a strategic mind with a hands-on, practical approach to deliver great experiences.
- You’ll have strong analytical skills, with drive, determination and a 'can do' attitude
- You will be an ambassador for personal learning and development and show evidence of commitment to your personal growth and development.