We are going through significant change within our enterprise infrastructure and with that comes the need to proactively manage our on premise and cloud platforms throughout our global organisation to help meet our needs for robust security, reliability and user productivity.
As Technical Operations Analyst, you will work with the Technology Teams to establish the operational dashboards and processes to manage our technology services. Establish and run steady state checks and monitoring to ensure that all services are running optimally and are well managed.
What you’ll do to succeed
- Establish and operate the capability to proactively monitor the Infrastructure and Services to ensure maximum availability and manage risks to service
- Provide 3rd Line Fault resolution for infrastructure and platform-based issues
- Reduce the number of user faults (incidents) through analysis of faults, root cause and trends; implementing solution enhancement or process changes as required
- Provide recommendations and improvements on the current infrastructure
- Maintain and conduct platform maintenance on all infrastructure elements
- Support the business change activities to ensure service operations
- Create and maintain detailed documentation (CMDB, Run Books) of operational processes and procedures and empower Service Delivery team to support and improve first time fix
How will you do this?
- You will look to collaborate with you team and others in the business
- Good vendor management and engagement
- Keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies and providing guidance and direction to project teams
- Implement and monitor adherence to Insights Data Security and Governance Standards
How you’ll show up
- You will take responsibility for your tasks ensuring that you are diligently following through on them until they are satisfactorily addressed
- Be a creative problem solver with a good attention to detail
- You will be passionate about technology always looking for what is next
- You will be a flexible, pre-emptive, responsible self-starter and a team player
What you’re great at
- Proven working experience of Microsoft SCCM at an advanced professional level
- Experience of Microsoft Intune and MDM\MAM
- Knowledge of Qualys penetration testing and remediations
- Working with cloud-native technologies, particularly Microsoft, Windows Server experience Wintel platform administration (excellent Active Directory, DNS, DHCP etc)
- You will have excellent knowledge of issue management and fault resolution, patch management and system maintenance, continual service improvement, scripting knowledge/skills (PowerShell) and the ability to understand and adapt quickly to new requirements, environments and software.
- Good customer facing skills and problem solving and diagnostic skills are essential
- ITIL Foundation and knowledge of ITIL Service Operation
- Microsoft Certification advantageous
Please note this role is based in Dundee with some flexibility to work from home