Working within a talented team of technology experts, a Software Developer will play a key role in the development of the Insights Technology Platform, a highly scalable cloud (AWS) platform using the latest in Hyperscale technology.
Technology innovation in the Learning and Development industry is paramount, and through innovative solutions we aim to create a differentiator for our business that provides a legendary experience for our customers on every part of their journey with us.
As a Software Developer at Insights you will be building web applications to support new functionality in our customer facing software technology stack. You will work in a highly collaborative Agile development environment and will leverage, promote and enhance our software frameworks, components and design patterns to deliver robust and scalable solutions.
What you’ll do to succeed (responsibilities)
- Design, code and support robust and scalable software solutions
- Ensure quality of solutions by conducting code and design reviews, writing unit tests and supporting the continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Deliver code on time and to specification
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation for solutions and be an evangelist in the team for the development knowledge base
- Perform third-line application support
- Be highly productive whilst balancing the need for quality and agility
- Work collaboratively with the team
- Assist in the selection of appropriate technologies for our applications
- Contribute towards the enhancements of our development processes and policies
- Assist in the development of our application architecture
- Understand our business and our customers
How you’ll show up (behaviours)
- You will take responsibilities for your tasks ensuring that you are diligently following through on them until they are satisfactorily addressed
- You’ll have a positive outlook and work ethic
- You will look to collaborate with you team and others in the business
- Problem solving will be high on your list of things to do and you will be tenacious in your drive to deliver on this
- You will be passionate about technology always looking for the next piece that will allow development of our solutions to be better
- You will have a desire to deliver solutions that please users
What you’re great at (competencies)
- A passion for delivering high quality user experiences
- Experience in developing with the React/Redux framework
- Familiarity in Typescript.
- Comfortable with unit and integration testing
- Experience with automation through the entire engineering lifecycle (development, test & deployment)
- Familiar with Git Source Control and performing code reviews.
- Knowledge of the use of the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge software
Other useful experience and skills:
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS)
- Knowledge of how backend services are developed
- Familiarity with Docker.
Flexible and Remote working is offered, possible travel to other Insight office locations.