Your purpose in the role
This role is responsible for our global external communications to ensure timely, effective and on-brand communications to enhance our public reputation.
What you’ll do to succeed
- To support the development of Insights Global PR Strategy by identifying media, awards and speaking opportunities aligned to business brand and objectives
- To ensure proactive, positive PR activity that is aligned with our business and brand strategies and objectives
- To support the creation of quality, agreed content that fortifies our brand and distinguishes us from our competitors, and is consistent across our channels
- Identify and develop thought leaders from across Insights
- Together with sales, develop and create PR and customer testimonials to support our brand and wider communication strategies.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Be creative and innovative in the use of different media, particularly digital, to bring our story to life
- Support the adoption of external communications governance and delivery
- Support the creation and delivery of a global public relations strategy, including both trade and mainstream media, and that incorporates an awards activity, sponsorship and speaking opportunities
- Represent our corporate identity through traditional and new media channels, looking for opportunities to promote our growth and activity in the marketplace
- Work closely with other communications colleagues to provide content for, and support, the CEO and other key personnel with a range of external communications – including but not limited to interviews, presentations, reports, press releases etc.
- Promote the value of good PR internally
- Develop strong, cooperative relationships with key stakeholders across the global business, in particular with colleagues in marketing and creative, and other communications roles
- Ensure collaboration and alignment with other complementary strategies, including but not limited to, our CSR strategy and plan, our global marketing plan, and our brand strategy.
- Experience understanding complex information and translating it into simple and powerful messaging that informs, inspires and enrols audiences
- Experience using a range of different communications channels and approaches, particularly new media
- Ability to engage, enrol and align a range of cross-organisational stakeholders to ensure a consistent and well-managed external communications approach
- Ability to collaborate in a confident, competent and inspirational way
- Previous experience in creating and delivering strategic public relations
- Committed to your own learning and personal development
- Be a role model communicator and provide expert guidance on customer and external communications policy and approach to our global offices
- The ability to be agile and respond quickly and positively to change
- Be an ambassador for the brand and the strategy and be able to translate this to benefits for the customer, the industry and the marketplace.