Your purpose in the role
As our Technical Support Analyst based in one of our Global Office. You will be part of a global team, responsible for the successful support and operational tasks to support our global business. Providing excellent support to the IT Service Desk in support of internal and customer facing services. You will be a primary point of contact for our Service Desk team in relation to Desktop Support. We aim to deliver “first time resolution” to our customers, this role plays a key role contributing to the success of problem management, spotting escalation trends and resolving problems to reduce the number of incoming incidents on a pro-active basis. This role is a senior role, however does not have direct line management responsibilities associated, however will be expected to set an example to the team, in terms of behaviour and delivery standards.
What you’ll do to succeed
• Play a key role in ensuring our operational KPIs & Support SLAs & targets are met
• Primary escalation point for the Service Desk team
• Take ownership of the Service Transition, and ensure the quality of transition into the Service Desk adhere to agreed standards
• Provide and promote first-class, proactive IT customer support
• Provide 3rd line desktop support to the IT Service Desk to diagnose problems, initiate remedial actions and resolve reported incidents
• Install and support various business services and desktop applications
• Provide guidance and pro-active support to the IT Service Desk
• Create, update and support adoption of ITIL based support processes and procedures
• Providing mentoring and support to the rest of the IT support team, performing senior duties and represent Enterprise Technology to the rest of the business
• Play an important role in helping to shape the future of the client Desktop strategy (Hardware, AV, Mobile Devices, Encryption etc)
• Other reasonable duties as assigned
How will you do this?
• Supporting the Service Desk by pro-actively removing blockers, making service improvements, with a view to improving Agent Productivity, SLA and Customer Satisfaction performance
• Respond in a timely and professional manner to all customer requests, putting the customer first is key to success in the role.
• Play an important role within problem management, playing a key role in ensuring that our Service Desk and Desktop Support incidents are reviewed, with a view to reducing recurring incidents and mitigating customer impact.
• Escalate issues where appropriate while maintaining ownership of the support request
• Flexible - ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks
• Collaborate and work effectively across internal functional areas as well as with external parties as required
• Participate willingly in the team and keep other team members informed and up to date by sharing useful or relevant ideas and information.
• Adhere to Insights Security and Data Protection policies
• Understand and meet the needs of the business and provide help and support to colleagues as required
• Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
How you’ll show up
• Senior member of the team, inspiring those around you regarding professionalism & maintaining standards
• Pro-active support to the team and those around you
• Showing up as confident, expert, vibrant and personal in your own unique way
• Self-starter and problem solver - able to work independently but also a strong dependable team player
• Self-motivated, but knows when to seek guidance
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude and work ethic
• Always prepared to ‘go the extra mile' in delivering service on time and to the highest standards.
• Highly analytical, methodical, and highly organised with the ability to think clearly under pressure.
• Confident and professional communication skills at all levels throughout the business
• Demonstrates the drive and initiative to achieve personal and team objectives
What you’re great at
• Taking accountability and demonstrative experience playing a senor role within an IT support team
• 4+ years desktop support experience
• Developing and coaching others
• Proven experience successfully transitioning services into the IT Service Desk
• Proven experience operating & administering a Service Desk toolset
• Excellent working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
• Excellent working knowledge of Windows Client Encryption Systems
• Excellent working knowledge of Client Anti-Virus Systems
• Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory and Office 365 user administration
• NTFS and File Share permissions
• Knowledge of Local and Wide Area Networks
• Excellent and proven problem solving and troubleshooting experience
• Hardware, software purchase and maintenance
• Familiarity with the ITIL framework
• Strong experience in creating and managing IT support documentation