• Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will support General Accounting, Accounts Payable and Banking within Germany.
• You will work with our external auditors to prepare and file statutory financial information.
• The role requires strong technical accounting knowledge including an ability to work in a multi-currency environment.
• The role requires strong team-work and leadership skills.
• The individual will be a positive advocate for continuous improvement and business system integration.
Your purpose in the role
As Assistant Finance Manager and member of the Global Finance team, you will be responsible for financial transactions and compliance. This includes day to day accounting operations, month-end close, annual audit, and financial requests as required.
The role will also assist in identifying, developing and harmonising best practice in process and policies within the finance function. These processes and policies will be key elements to support the finance function in achieving its vision of ‘world class’ performance.
The core responsibilities of the region finance teams include: statutory account preparation and filing; tax filings; credit and collections; performance management include financial planning and forecasting; ensuring robust financial controls are in place.
What you’ll do to succeed
• Responsible for the Balance Sheet including analysis and reconciliation work to comply with annual audit requirements
• Responsible for month-end timetable activities
• Responsibility for monthly intercompany elimination process
• Responsible for intercompany reconciliations and overall ledger management
• Responsible for indirect tax calculations, administration and submissions along with Corporate tax administration
• Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed on a regular basis and in accordance with Group accounting policies.
• Administration of local credit card facilities
• Liaise with external auditors/accountants as required to ensure statutory reporting is completed in accordance with Group timetable.
• As part of the Finance team proactively look to improve systems and reporting to deliver a best-in-class finance function.
• Raise awareness of any finance issues within your country.
• Other projects or duties relating to the Controllership Function or part of our Strategic Programme as required