Your purpose in the role
As a Business Systems Specialist you will be part of the Business Systems Team within the Enterprise Technology & Security (ET&S) department of the Finance and Corporate Services Function
Working closely with the Business Systems Analysts and the Service Desk you will play a key role in supporting the Business Systems (applications and tools) managed by ET&S that the Insights Business users require to ensure the delivery of Learning and Development services to our customers.
You will act as an escalation point for the Business Systems Analysts to provide support and guidance as required.
You will also play a key role in the future direction of the Business Systems used to ensure that they are continuously reviewed to ensure that they fulfil the strategy of the Business and to support the Change Portfolio in the delivery of new functionality and ongoing Service Improvements.
What you’ll do to succeed
• You will lead and provide support for all Business Systems managed and maintained by the ET&S team and will be expected to have an expert level of understanding of all of them to fulfil requests and resolve incidents. The main Business Systems in use are Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management (F&SCM) and Customer Engagement (CE) but as our systems evolve this will extend into integrations with multiple 3rd party integrated solutions.
• Develop and support the learning for the Business Systems team to include new modules and other business systems.
• You will develop and maintain relationships with key business partners as well as internal colleagues to resolve incidents and fulfil requests.
• Lead the 2nd line Business Systems support to the Service Desk to diagnose incidents, initiate remedial actions and resolve to the agreed targets and levels of quality.
• Act as an escalation point for the Business Systems Analysts.
• Proactively manage Incident and Service Request resolution processes day to day.
• Management of key support vendors as required.
• Identify problems by analysing trends of incidents and work with colleagues and partners to resolve them in a timely manner.
• Fulfil customer requests to the agreed targets following agreed processes and to the required level of quality
• Provide guidance and support to the Business Systems Analysts and Service Delivery team to improve resolution targets for our customers.
• Ensure that the team operate within the ITIL based support processes and procedures to the agreed targets.
• Support the successful transition of system changes into operational support.
• Review, create and update knowledge documents to ensure that the Business Systems team and wider Technology teams can provide a consistent and high quality service.
• Manage, maintain and support the Change Management Office and change portfolio as required, ensuring compliance across the team for a consistent approach to change management.
• Other reasonable duties as assigned
How will you do this?
• Provide and promote first-class, proactive IT customer support.
• Respond in a timely and professional manner to all customer Incidents and Requests, putting the customer first is key to success in the role.
• Act as an escalation point to ensure that issues which can’t be resolved internally are raised with our key partners where appropriate, while maintaining ownership of the initial support request and pro-actively monitoring progress and providing updates.
• Keep a flexible approach and be able to change priorities quickly, with the capacity to occasionally handle multiple tasks.
• Develop and maintain a collaborative and effective working relationship across internal functional areas as well as with external parties as required.
• Participate willingly in the team and keep other team members informed and up to date by sharing useful or relevant ideas and information.
• Adhere to Insights Security and Data Protection policies.
• Manage internal stakeholder relationships.
• Understand and meet the needs of the business and provide help and support to colleagues as required.
• Build relationships with key personnel across the business.
What you’re great at
• Proven experience supporting diverse business applications for a mix of local and remote end-users.
• In-depth experience supporting:
o Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (CE)
o Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Supply Chain Management (F&SCM)
• Excellent working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent and proven problem solving and troubleshooting experience.
• Report writing and data analytics – strong abilities to support the reconciliation process for key financial/management reports – good knowledge of Microsoft reporting tools including Power BI.
• Solid understanding of the key business processes and integrations of an ERP solution and other integrated solutions.